Parental access to Google Classroom Information
A guardian can be invited to receive email summaries about their child’s work in class. To get summaries, the student must use Classroom with a G Suite account (looks like email@example.com). Email summaries do not include grades.
What’s included in an email summary?
- Missing work—Work not turned in when the summary was sent.
- Upcoming work—Work that’s due today and tomorrow (for daily emails) or that’s due in the upcoming week (for weekly emails).
- Class activity—Announcements, assignments, and questions recently posted by teachers.
Guardians who sign up for email summaries can’t see the Stream, Classwork, People, or Grades pages in Classroom.
How do guardians get summaries?
- An invitation is sent to a guardian.
- After a guardian accepts the invitation, they choose when to get email summaries for each of their students.
- To request access to your child’s Google Classrooms please complete the form here.
When do guardians get summaries?
Guardians can get emails daily or weekly and can unsubscribe at any time.
Guardians won’t get an email summary if:
- There’s no activity to report for the given time period.
- All their student’s teachers turned off notifications for their classes.
- They accepted the invitation but chose not to get any summaries.
- They aren’t connected to any student in Classroom.