|Ury House is a large ruined mansion in Aberdeenshire, Scotland, built in the Elizabethan style in 1885 by Alexander Baird. It is situated on the north-east coast about 1 mile north of Stonehaven in the former county of Kincardineshire. Originally the estate belonged to the Frasers, then the Hays starting in 1413, but eventually became the property of the Earl Marischal. Colonel David Barclay purchased Ury in a lengthy process in late 1660’s and his descendants owned it through 1854 when the estate was purchased by the Baird family.(source Clan Barclay and newspaper archives Stonehaven).Over the years Ury has been rebuilt three times. In early times the property was known as Urie. In the 17th century Ury was established as the North East Scotland headquarters of the Quaker organisation by David Barclay.
The estate is now owned by The FM Group who have recently lodged a planning application to Aberdeenshire Council for the creation of a world-class 18-hole Jack Nicklaus Signature Championship Golf Course as part of the redevelopment of Ury Estate.
PT Pupil Support and Attainment: Mr Ian Diamond
Link Depute Head Teacher: Mr Alan Tullock